Trusted Since 1951
Pets with special needs such as healthy geriatric pets, or pets needing medication.
Special Needs Care
The owners and staff at New Mexican Kennels understand that some of our guests may have special needs, such as the administration of certain medications and/or supplements. Please discuss any special requirements with us when you make your reservation. We reserve the right to charge an additional fee based upon the service requested and will provide you with a quote at check-in. The following is a sampling of special needs that can be accommodated:
- Medications/Oral – Fee: $3.50 per day
- Medication/Injectable Insulin – Fee: $5.00 per injection
- Supplements – Fee: $3.50 per day
- Special meal preparation – Quote based upon special need
- Extra feeding times – Up to 3 per day no extra charge
- Food from home – No charge
- Water from home – No Charge
- Treats from home – No Charge
- Daily brushing – Quote based upon customer’s request
- Request extra care – By quote
We have established relationships with several veterinarians that offer 24-hour emergency services. If your pet should require medical attention while in our care our protocol is to first contact your veterinarian. Should the nature of your pet’s illness require an office visit we reserve the right to utilize our on-call veterinarian (this decision depends on the illness and the travel time to your veterinarian). Our caring staff can administer any oral or topical medications your dog may require during their visit.
We do not accept pets for boarding who have a serious or debilitating illness, or those whose age or physical condition requires veterinary monitoring. In such instances, we recommend board and care with a veterinarian of your choice.
Tour Our Facility
Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm